At Richdale Consultants, we’ve helped all kinds of consumer credit firms to achieve authorisation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The consumer credit landscape is exceptionally diverse. That’s why our highly experienced compliance officers are utilised to assist lenders with becoming authorised and maintaining their ongoing compliance and regulatory obligations.
Whether you’re seeking Limited or Full permission for undertaking consumer credit activities, we can help you prepare your FCA application – along with all necessary compliance policies and procedures – and consult on your firm’s ongoing compliance, governance and risk frameworks.
Our personable compliance officers and account managers understand that every lender is different. The Richdale Philosophy is that no compliance job is too big or too small to “get our hands dirty”. That’s why we offer a bespoke compliance service to all types of consumer credit firms, including:
- Secured and Unsecured Lenders;
- Credit Brokerages;
- Debt Counsellors and Debt Administrators;
- Peer-to-peer Lending Platforms;
- Interest-free lenders.
Our team are delighted to offer a free, impartial consultation on your compliance requirements, with no obligation to sign up to any of our services.Request a consultation
Typical compliance tasks for our consumer credit clients will consist of one or more of the following;
- FCA applications
Our dedicated and experienced compliance officers have an excellent success rate when it comes to completing applications and securing authorisation with the FCA. We consult with our consumer credit clients to create Regulatory Business Plans for the FCA, outlining your business and the way it will operate post-authorisation, and prepare all requisite compliance policies and procedures for the FCA.
- Ongoing compliance
Supporting authorised consumer credit firms to maintain their compliance and regulatory obligations with the FCA is of vital importance to us. Whether you’re operating with Limited or Full permissions to conduct consumer credit activities, our ongoing FCA Compliance Support Package will give you the peace of mind with a minimum of hassle. Let us do the legwork so that you can focus firmly on giving the best levels of service to your customers.
- Review of performance against FCA expectationsYour dedicated compliance officer will assess your company’s recent performance and compliance against the benchmark expectations outlined by the FCA.
- Review of policies and proceduresWe will also conduct a comprehensive review of your existing policies and procedures, to ensure that they are up-to-date and reflect industry best practice.
- Bespoke compliance monitoringAs part of our Compliance Support Package, we can design and implement bespoke programmes for monitoring the FCA compliance of your business; pinpointing areas for urgent action and long-term improvement.
- Submission of regulatory returnsCan’t keep up with regulatory submissions? Let your dedicated Richdale Account Manger handle all of the paperwork and prudential compliance matters on your behalf.
- Compliance trainingWhether your business has just achieved FCA authorisation or is struggling to maintain its compliance and regulatory obligations, Richdale’s compliance consultants offer dedicated compliance training sessions. We train business owners and employees to better understand their responsibilities post-authorisation, consulting on risk management and compliance monitoring to maintain FCA compliance for credit brokers and lenders.
- Guidance on changes to business structuresIf your business changes its internal infrastructure or is considering rolling out a new sales initiative, we can offer consultancy on the best approach to achieve your objectives in a compliant manner.